We are very pleased about the Federal Council’s decision to once again allow face-to-face teaching in adult education on a restricted basis from 19 April 2021. Subject to the capacity restriction, we will open our schools in the coming weeks. From 3 May 2021, face-to-face courses will once again be offered in addition to online courses.
On this page, we would like to inform you about the actions we have taken at our school sites to keep our students and staff as safe as possible.
In dealing with this situation, we adhere to the following three principles:
- We follow the recommendations of the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH), the Federal Council and the cantonal authorities which communicates the regulations for adult education by the Swiss Association for Adult Education (SVEB).
- We monitor developments and continually assess the situation.
- We communicate changes to the regulations and measures promptly.
The following rules apply at all Academia Languages schools:
- Masks are compulsory everywhere at our schools, also during lessons in the classrooms.
- A distance of 1.5m between all persons whenever possible.
- Follow the hygiene rules, i.e. disinfect or wash your hands when you come to school and sneeze/cough into your elbow.
- If you feel ill, stay at home and contact your family doctor.
You can find the complete regulations from SVEB:
Academia also offers online classes, for further information please visit: